Apr 9, 2012

Asus Gamer OSD problems with Fallout 3 & Metro 2033

Doesn't it just annoy you, finish installing a game and all you get is crashes :). Ever since I've started playing Metro 2033 I've started having problems with starting games. The result is usually a crash to desktop ( CTD ). I have managed to solve the problem with Metro 2033, the culprit being Asus Gamer OSD. Exiting Asus Gamer OSD only doesn't work. You would have to disable it in display properties, in advanced settings as well.


So I have Fallout 3 GOTY retail and installed it, been a while since I played it. Last I played Fallout 3 was on ps3. Installation was fine. Starting a new game crashed it, again the culprit was Asus Gamer OSD. This time though disabling it wasn't enough. You need to uninstall Asus Gamer OSD altogether. The presence of Asus SmartDoctor wasn't a problem. Good to go now!

Asus Gamer OSD is a utility that comes with Asus Graphics Card. Mine being Asus EAH 6870 1gb Direct CU. The utility enables you to record videos and take screenshots of your gaming session. Similar to fraps. But mostly it has been causing problems of games crashing to desktop. Much better to use alternative video recording tools. Just a note that I'm using Win 7 Premium 64bit.

*Update 14th June 2012
Just a note I'd like to make that when I had problems with Metro 2033 and Asus Gamerosd. Metro 2033 would only run in Directx 9 mode. So perhaps the problem is Asus GamerOSD has problems with Directx 10 and 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment