Oct 15, 2011

Battlefield : Bad company 2 problems

So after setting up almost everything, I'd thought I'd take a spin at a game. So I tried out BFBC2. Really good performance. Playing the single player campaign, everything was fine. Until the game would just start freezing. Temps were good. Must be a bug. Yes it was, checking the net and forums it seems that everybody well almost everybody had this problem. It made the game unplayable. It would freeze randomly, at one point almost 4 to 5 times in 20minutes! Very very frustrating.

Some suggested to disable the onboard Realtek Audio. It worked, but playing a game with no sound is ridiculous. Changing the Directx mode to version 9 from Auto in the config file worked for a temporary solution. So when the patch came out a 2.6GB ( oh how ridiculous that is ) I thought it would actually fix things out when I switched it back to Directx Auto. Nope. Still had the problem.

The problem was, I was still using the old drivers from the CD that came the HD 6870. So, got the new drivers off the Asus website, Version 8.84.9. And it fixed the problem.

All good now.

No comments:

Post a Comment